Thursday, July 26, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye...

3 Things You Need To Look Up On YouTube Today:
secret code words: Falcor urinator, Kassie monster ass, Chad Vader


Falcor - ridiculous, yes...but hey, you've just learned 2 new verbs
Kassie - sure, she's 3 and it's a cuss word, but she has a valid point
Chad - where is season 2??


People Who Should Make Babies Together:


Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban - tall, gifted babies with amazing hair, who know how to throw that shrimp on the barbe


Bumblebee & a blue Jeep Liberty - cutest Matchbox car EVER!


Cameron Diaz & Criss Angel - because a leggy, spazzy baby who levitates would be pretty funny


Shakira & Enrique Iglesias - can you say, "Latin Super Race???" Seriously, just think about it.

People/Things Who Should Never Make Babies Together:


Megatron & My Sister's TV - because I don't think the ticker could handle the 40" screen transforming into an evil robot right in the middle of "General Hospital"


Carrot-Top and Conan O' Brien - even if it was physically possible, do YOU want tall, manic ginger babies taking over the earth? Didn't think so.


Gollum & That Super-Creepy Well-Girl From "The Ring" - *shudder*...*getting up to turn on every light in the house*

Random Thoughts:


I think my love affair with Facebook has cooled down a bit. At first, we were calling each other 10 times a day, but now we're just sharing the Sunday paper and maybe going antique shopping, later.


The astuteness of my 9 year-old niece, when I explained that a guilty pleasure is something you like that you're embarrassed about and she instantly replied, "You mean, how you like "High School Musical?" Yahtzee!

How endearing it is when my sister wakes me up in the morning to ask me something vital, like, what Sonny Crockett's partner, Tubb's first name was, again. Because hey, that "Miami Vice" trivia is crucial.

Movies For The Geek In You (Or Me): (trucks and robots and wizards, oh my!)

Transformers - I was not a die-hard fan of these robots as a kid...I didn't know all of their names and 'specialties', but this is still the most fun I've had at the movies in a while. The CGI was flawless, Shia LaBeouf was great (really enjoying him, lately), the robots had some killer lines, and it just seemed like it was such a blast to make. I love it when that comes across on the screen. I may have also clapped at the end of the film. Possibly. (...and may have also joined in when several others clapped at my second viewing of said film) And since both of my grandfathers have passed on, I'm wondering if there's some kind of human-robot Big Brother program that would allow me to adopt Optimus Prime as a wise and noble grandparent. I think I could learn a lot from him... *****


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - This kid can't catch a break, really...and in this one, it's starting to show. Darker and more introspective than its predecessors, this 5th installment in the magical Harry Potter series felt a bit more rushed to me (though the film was by no means, short). I could feel the sense of urgency enveloping Harry and his friends, as they learned to arm themselves against the encroaching dark forces around them. The casting is always stellar, most notably the church-lady evil of Imelda Staunton's Dolores Umbridge and the delightful spacey- sweetness of newcomer Evanna Lynch's Luna Lovegood. And I adored Gary Oldman in every scene he was in. My only complaint is that there wasn't a lot of auror-action, particularly Tonks, whom I loved in the books. Still, a thrilling, magical ride worth taking. ****

5 comments:

Two Mittens said...

I miss u...

Higa said...

I miss you too...
enjoyed this post... I thought you were going to mention me and dave as two people who should have babies... haha.

Alyson said...

moi aussi,

I missed the quiditch as well as the Auror action

Administrator said...

Hey Yo - Why no posts lately?
- Matt Thompson

Shiny Nickel said...

You'd think working with the likes of me on a regular basis would give her something to update about...